Saturday, January 21, 2006

Stepping up, by Joining in!

I have lived in an emotional time in this country's history. A time when speaking out against the government has become commonplace. So much so in fact, that at times its tough to know if the general public is even listening.

I've lived through the Viet Nam "conflict", riots on campus and at the beach. I've been a member of several unions when they were on strike and never stood in a picket line. Fact is, I've never stood in protest with a group of people, ever. I have let my beliefs be known through letters and phone calls and of course email. I'm not 100% sure why I never attended in protest any of these history altering events. I don't think I need to make any apologies for not attending as I did participate in my own way.

On Saturday, January 21, 2006 I WILL become a joiner. The level of importance is so significant that anything less than physical attendance on my part would not be acceptable.

My state government (the very same one that told me as a single parent with 4 children living in my home, to hit the road when I couldn't afford to heat my house or feed them adequately) wants to make it possible for criminals to vote, have driving privileges, free medical assistance, educational services and a host of other amenities that my children and I as natural born citizens of the United States of America were apparently not entitled to in our time of need.

If the fact that our state government is committing a crime by providing criminals with these services isn't enough to get you involved, please remember, they're using your (and maybe more importantly MY) tax dollars to do it!

From Daniel's Blog,

"Why be there? We will be protesting the Mexican Mobile Consulate and state agencies helping out criminal aliens who have no right to the social serives they will be receiving!"

You're damn right we will!

Centro Cultural Cornelius
1110 N Adair St.
Cornelius, OR 97113
@ 9:00am

2 comments:

Daniel said...

And it was fun! Thanks so much for being there Greg! I hope to see you again.

MAX Redline said...

Yup, there were some very cool moments there (and you got some great shots; you should be a photographer)!

Nice meeting you there!